Creating an iOS distribution certificate is an essential step for distributing your app to the App Store. Here are the steps to create an iOS distribution certificate:
- Log in to your Apple Developer account at developer.apple.com/account.
- Click on the "Certificates, IDs & Profiles" tab.
- Under the "Certificates" section, click on the "+" button.
- Select "App Store and Ad Hoc" as the certificate type and click on "Continue".
- Choose the App ID for which you want to create the certificate and click on "Continue".
- Follow the prompts to generate a certificate signing request (CSR) using Keychain Access on your Mac.
- Upload the CSR file to the Apple Developer website and click on "Continue".
- Download the distribution certificate to your Mac.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to install the certificate in Keychain Access.
- Export the certificate as a .p12 file by selecting the certificate and the private key associated with it, right-clicking, and choosing "Export".
- Enter a password to protect the .p12 file, and save it to a safe location on your Mac.
Congratulations, you have now created an iOS distribution certificate! This certificate will allow you to sign and distribute your app on the App Store.